ICE has developed a Work-Station Service Operation Vessel design suitable for cost-effective maintenance of offshore windfarm installations. The concept uses standardized specifications and modular components to lower costs and shorten delivery times.
Operational flexibility is facilitated by positioning the gangway along the vessel centreline, enabling transfer of technicians to either side of the vessel. The vessel offers 470 sqm enclosed warehouse space and a 270 sqm working space on the weather deck aft. A total of 8 TEUs can be stored on the two decks. The production-friendly structure and use of proven equipment ensures competitive shipyard cost and short construction time.
- Standardized, cost-effective vessel design that can be readily adapted to a variety of operational conditions,
- Optimized hull form, using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis for fuel efficiency and favourable motion characteristics,
- Safe walk-to-work transfer by 3D motion compensated gangway,
- 3D motion compensated crane for efficient cargo handling,
- Smart container skidding and seafastening system in below deck warehouse,
- Integration of an HVAC system that provides 100% fresh air flow,
- Integration of energy storage system (ESS),
- Ship-to-ship transfer capability.
Efficiency & Safety:
ICE WS-60-SOV concept combines workshops & storage space, high-comfort accommodation facilities and a transport method in one single design.
The 3D motion compensated gangway provides safe and flexible walk-to-work operations in significant wave-heights (Hs) up to 3.5 m. An elevator allows for stepless cargo and people transit between different deck levels and the gangway platform.
The integrated HVAC system with 100% fresh air ventilation flow (no recirculation) helps reducing the required heating, cooling and humidification demand significantly. Furthermore, the energy storage system helps enhance efficiency and sustainability of operations.
The design is ready to meet future requirements and can be fitted with tailored solutions.
The concept is offered as a standard 60 POB vessel (WS-60-SOV), or optional 40 POB vessel (WS-40-SOV) with the removal of the C Deck accommodation level. Special attention has been given to the level of comfort for the crew and maintenance personnel on board by reducing noise, vibrations and vessel motion.